DJI Mini 2 Flying in the rain

This is likely the last of the fall colors.

The weather was dull and overcast with a fine drizzle misting our coats. I decided to fly the DJI Mini 2 despite the light rain and everything went fine although at one point it seemed to be losing altitude over the water which resulted in no small amount of panic. The problem seemed to sort itself out.

This is Marble Rock Conservation Area north of Gananoque in eastern Ontario. It was very muddy and sloppy but also VERY quiet. We saw no one for the 3 hours we were on the trail except at the last minute when we had a brief stand-off with an unleashed dog.
I didn't use ND Filters and flew with automatic exposure. I try an make slower direction changes when I do this so that it is easy to separate clips with different exposure levels when I edit.


Comments

Popular Posts